St Dominic’s Awarded Advanced Accredited Status!
We are thrilled to announce that the Autism Accreditation Award Committee have awarded St Dominic’s School Advanced Accredited Status.
We are really excited to be one of the first settings nationally to achieve the award at this level. It recognises St. Dominic’s School’s commitment to providing the best quality care and education to young people with Autism.
The committee found:
- Practice is consistently based on a thorough and up-to-date understanding of how each autistic person communicates and socially interacts.
- The school have developed an innovative and creative curriculum which is personalised for each pupil.
- The range of interventions that are available both on and off site for pupils are exceptional.
- Relationship with pupils was clearly seen to be a strength within the school as pupils were confident and calm within classroom and around the school.
- Students were seen to have the confidence to problem solve through an activity, but ask for help when required.
- The school have developed SAVI, an innovative real-time assessment and reporting system for school, pupils and eventually families.
- ‘Everyone is a teacher’ and in many observations therapists, the school nurse, maintenance staff and the careers guidance adviser were seen to be teaching and supporting pupils.
The full report will be published shortly on the School website.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all pupils, staff and parents for participating so positively in this review and helping the School to achieve this prestigious award.